Monday, June 29, 2009

Heatwave

It's been a while since I last blogged. Sorry about that!

We're never happy about the weather here in the UK. More specifically, we enjoy complaining about it. It's like a universal ice-breaker that is understood by everyone. Even this morning in the lift to 5th floor of the office I work at, I made some comment about how hot it is, and how there should be some law against having to go to work when it's very warm outside. The guy in the lift (that's elevator to you, Dewthezamboni), replied with something equally silly. I recognise him from the office, but don't really know who he is or what he does.

I should be blogging more regularly again as I have a little project I've been working on, which requires me to blog. I promise I won't neglect this blog for the others I'm involved in!

Back to the weather. We've had our first ever heatwave warning issued, and the government have issued some guidlines on how to keep cool. Helpfully, the BBC website has condensed the information into a top ten list of ways to keep cool. Hope it helps!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8124218.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment