Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's a win-win night!!

Tonight I went to the Angel game. It was so heartbreaking to see the Nick Adenhart Memorial they have out front of the stadium. I was trying hard not to cry. I wanted to leave something, but I didn't have anything to leave.
We also have one of those bricks laid down for one of our family members.
I was able to watch the Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals... I had some friends updating me with the score, but I caught the last 3 mins by binoculars looking into the Suite Boxes. Someone with the big screen tv in their suite had the game on and I got to see THE PENGUINS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!! It was amazing... The guy behind me, probably in his early 20s, was keeping me updated on the score too haha. I was wearing my Sidney Crosby shirt for the Penguins and when they finally showed on the Angels Big Screen that the Penguins won the cup, I stood up and screamed (being careful not to fall over the railing to the deck below).
Later we were getting ice cream sundaes in the cute little Angels batting helmet cups and like 3 people stopped me about my shirt. The first was a younger boy who caught me going down the ramp and he just yelled "Go Penguins!!" and I smiled in response. The next was a man and his smaller child, and I passed him and he shouted "Penguins!!" and I turned and rooted too haha. Then when we were in line, that same guy passed me again and stopped to tell me "I'm so glad you guys won, I had to see the Wings get beat" and I agreed and he continued walking. After I got my sundae I was just starting to walk back to my seat and two guys in their mid 20s shouted "CROSBY!!" and I turned around and was like "Yeeeahh!!!" and it was so awesome (I was wearing the Crosby shirt,remember). So I got recognized 3 times in under 10 minutes for my support of the Penguins haha. Yay!!
One of my friends sent me a Ron Hextall Tribute video, he was a goalie for the Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) and actually scored a goal haha. He wore my favorite number, and he was a fighting goalie... even better!! A fighting, goal-scoring goalie... I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment