Saturday, July 18, 2009

Under Arrest

Oh man it's so hot here. I was driving Patrick back to his car and by 11:30am it was already 90 degrees F. By the time I got home (after breakfast and dropping him off), about 12:30, it said 102 F. So I just showered and I'm in jeans and my bra, that's it... Jeans because I have to leave for work in about 50 minutes and that's what I have to wear. It appears nice outside by looking through a window, but man, it's so hot.

Exciting news...

When I was saying goodbye to Patrick, we were hanging out on the back of his truck and we noticed this helicopter circling just north of us. Nothing new, I mean it's not unusual, until we hear the pilot... "Come out with your hands in the air!! A K-9 unit is on the way. Come out with your hands in the air!" Patrick and I looked at each other like "no way!!" because we had never seen it actually after somebody before. He got close to each other and watched, and hoped we would be on TV on the news or something haha.



I could so use a nice rain shower right now... hot or cold, I just want rain. But I'm looking forward to next weekend. A week from today I am going on a hike with my dad, some of his work friends, Patrick, and possibly some of his Marine friends. Mainly I'm excited because we will be walking through shallow water the whole time, except for parts where it's deep enough to swim. It's gonna feel so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment