Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions

It's customary to make New Year's resolutions in the UK, and I'm sure it's the same in the US. I've decided I'm going to try to work harder.

Ok, so I'm currently not working at all as I'm unemployed, but I don't just mean employed work, I'm talking about work in general. I never seem to get the balance right with work. I either do too much of it, or too little. When I am doing employed work, I often do work in my own time at weekends, and since being unemployed, I've been getting more and more lazy to the point where weekdays and weekends are pretty much the same thing.

So my plan is to do something during weekdays, and maybe write it down if I have to so I have a record of it, and that might help me remember to do it. Then at weekends, I'm planning on relaxing, or doing something fun, anything really, just so long as there is a clear distinction between the days.

It would be good to look forward to weekends again, like I remember doing when I was in school. I'll be spending time with family tomorrow, then on Monday I'll put some extra effort into looking for paid work. Maybe review my C.V. (resume) or find some other recruitment websites to join. I'm going to make it Dewi's job to check up on me, and make sure I'm sticking to my plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment