Saturday, January 9, 2010

Could he be?....

So an interesting thing happened to me at work today. I had just pulled into the parking lot at work because I went to pick up our pizzas for lunch and I got out of my car and there was a guy riding his bike, wearing a hoodie, a beanie, and his backpack (coming from the gym a few buildings down). He rode past me and we smiled at each other, just being friendly, then he took a second look at me over his shoulder and turned around on his bike and started riding back to me. He smiled and shouted to me, asking me what my name was. I thought oh boy, some crazy guy wanting to hook up as he peddled back to me, but I also thought maybe he was going to ask about my work since we have been closed for inventory. Either way I told him my name, and I think I was giving him a skeptical look too. The next thing he said as he approached was something like "I couldn't resist your blue eyes, I have to at least come introduce myself." I wasn't thinking it at the moment, but I realize now I'm sure my face turned bright read in the noon sun.

He stopped in front of me and shook my hand, telling me his name and repeating mine. The next thing he noticed was my necklace, the New Moon one with Jacob's Quileute symbols. He asked what it was, and I just said it was a Twilight thing, if he'd ever seen the movies or read the books. He told me he was just on his way back to the gym because he left his own necklace there, he said it was hooks, but he said I'd have to see it to understand. He went on to say that he has been training because he wants to do some UFC stuff. He had originally planned on becoming a doctor but changed his mind because it would take too long and UFC paid more anyway.

On the inside I was wondering how many of my co-workers could see this, and secretly imagining them all lined up at the window, spying out at me haha. He kept repeating my name afterwards aloud to himself as if he was making sure he would remember it. I had to ask what his was again because it was a very unique name and I had never heard it before. I quickly examined this guy, taking in he was probably about 25, but looked a little older because of his scruffy beard and I thought he resembled Gerard Butler.

I told him I worked at this store we were in front of but that we were closed right now for inventory. He said he'd stop by sometime and look for me =]

His name was so unique though I had never heard it before, so when I got home I looked it up (spelling it the way it sounded, not sure of the exact spelling, either way there are a few variations that all mean the same thing). It turns out that his name is a form of Edmund, and his name means "the wealthy protector" and the name suggestions for brothers of [his name] included Emmett.

Now... here is where I explain the significance... As I have stated numerous times before, I feel like I'm living Bella's life in a little bit of an alternate universe. No real vampires, no real werewolves, etc. But, this is the even funnier part. The first time a guy has ever come up to me under his own will, out in public, that I've never seen before, and introduces himself to me, and his name is a form of Edmund, which is very similar to Edward like Bella's. The fact that his name means "wealthy protector" is ironic too because Bella's Edward is her protector and he is very wealthy. Emmett being a suggestion for a brother of [his name] also has its irony because Edward Cullen has a brother named Emmett. Tell me it's crazy that everything in my life now is becoming more and more like Twilight, it's insane!!

I hope he does come back into my work, we open tomorrow, so I can get a chance to talk to him a little bit more and find out how old he is. I'm going to take a guess he will disappear for about a week and then return. Like Edward did at the beginning of Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment