Monday, November 30, 2009

Unemployment

I have been unemployed for almost 3 months. I am trying hard to look for work, but it seems to be harder than ever to find a job in the current ecconomic climate (as people on the tv news always like to say).

I thought I got a job last Friday. I had applied some weeks back, waited, attended a preliminary interview, waited, took a telephone interview, waited, and then on Friday I attended a 4 hour interview at the company's premises. I answered questions, did a group discussion with other applicants, had a telephone role play with an 'angry customer', and finally a 'proper' interview where I had to say why i was suitable for the role and explain my experience and give examples of all the qualities and traits they were looking for. I thought it had gone quite well, maybe except for the last part as it's been about 6 years since I last did this kind of call centre work, and I was a little bit rusty. Anyway, after all that, I was told I wasn't what they were looking for, I didn't quite show the 'drive' they wanted to see in their employees. Grrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment