Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bloody Ice

Today I watched my linemate get his face split open. We had just been serving a penalty together in the box and not even a minute after we got out, he got tripped along the boards and smacked his face on the ice. I just thought he fell like usual until I heard someone say there was blood then I turned and saw him lying face down, holding his face, and not getting up. I didn't see any blood until he finally got up and his face was covered in blood, there was blood on the ice in a big puddle and other smaller puddles. One of my friends that plays on Saturday and other days too was there and he went to help him out once he was off the ice in the locker room. When he came back out he had wiped his face off so there wasn't blood smeared everywhere, but it was dripping down his face like crazy. I jumped off the bench to go talk to him and he said he needed to go to the hospital. After the game I got a text and I brought home some of his gear that he had left at the rink and it's sitting in my room right now. He pretty much looked like this but the blood dripping down all sides of his face...
My stomach sank when he looked at me like that. The guy behind me from the other team said "that's why you wear a cage" and I almost turned around and punched him in the face. No one messes with my boys. Especially none on my line. And especially my friend. He's at the hospital right now getting his face sewn back together. Mainly his eyebrow that took it big and his lip too.

No comments:

Post a Comment