Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bear almost lost a finger!!

Poor Bear =( I hope he gets his feeling back. From his blog found here.


I have just returned from filming a Vietnam Man vs. Wild special, which was quite a mission in the very dense jungle.

It reinforced the huge respect I have for any soldier who had to operate in those very intense conditions, especially for those who turned up with no jungle experience -- it must have been hell on Earth indeed.
Sadly the next jungle shoot I was intending to do had to be postponed as I severed my finger down to the bone on a razor-sharp strand of half-cut bamboo.
I got it sewn up, but it was a bit of a quick job to see me through, hence it looks a bit ugly and ragged!

The production team flew me back to the UK, but what concerns me is the lack of feeling in the end of the finger now. I also sliced off the tip of another finger which bled like nobody's business, but the raw flesh is covering up now slowly. Dank, damp jungle conditions are bad for such injuries, trust me!
Anyway, hopefully the nerve damage will repair and I can get back onto the next show, God willing. But I do feel a bit battered generally. Jungle episodes are always intense.

Back soon,
Bear x

No comments:

Post a Comment