Saturday, March 6, 2010

3 Important People for Life

So after what I account to be one of the worst (if not the worst) weeks of my life. Computer broke and had to get a new one. Too much homework to keep up with. Late shift at work. Little sleep. And my Jacob telling me he has to "let me go" because he thinks I'm seeing my ex again because I had called him (my ex) and he won't listen when I say it's only because I need to get my things back that he had. Oh and not to mention a dentist appointment where they said I need a filling, what a surprise. Honestly I don't know how many teeth I have left to even fill....

Then last night things started to change a little. My dad bought me a new laptop which I have a year and a half to pay him interest free. We went to my favorite restaurant for dinner. This morning I woke up dark and early (the sun wasn't up yet so it couldn't have been bright and early) to play some pickup hockey and I played against my NEW (yet I think he has always been) favorite Marine =]

Most of the time we spent harassing each other, hitting and light checking. We were all having some fun. I didn't like it though when my ex was there on my team and I was on the ice with him and my brother (who is my favorite Marine, Bloggingbrit would understand) and I look over at my ex just in time to see him chest-to-chest pushing and shoving my brother. I stopped on the ice and just watched at my brother, who is bigger than my ex, stand there and just fend off my ex while my ex still tried to sort of tackle him. He said that my brother elbowed him but it clearly did not look like that to me.

After pickup my brother caught me and checked me (he was still in full gear, I was already dressed out) into the outside of the boards and glass and held me there. My entire body (including my face) was smooshed against the glass while he held me there. It's become a routine now every time he sees me he has to playfully check me into the glass and hold me there.

A little while later at the rink, the 16AAA travel hockey teams were there playing and one game was with the Jr. Kings. I was standing around watching all the parents and coaches when one guy stuck out from all the rest. It was Kopitar's dad!! I had forgotten that he coaches the Jr. Kings and I saw him right there, in my rink!! I was in shock and I still am.

I've decided that out of everyone I know, there are only 3 people that I really care about, that I always love getting attention from. They are supportive and want me to do well, and have always been there for me. These are the guys I really believe I can love and not worry about my heart being broken. No matter how often I see them, whether it be weekly, annually, or even never, They are people I really look up to. They are what I really want from a guy eventually. They are really great guys, and for whatever girl they have or will end up with, they have/are getting one of the best guys in the world.

One of these guys is my cousin, he is cool and I can easily say he is my favorite family member. But I rarely get to see him. Once a year if I'm lucky.

The other is who I consider my brother. He is always doing really nice things for his wife, he is so caring and loving. He doesn't gamble, and he doesn't drink. I get to see him every week for the past year and a half until sometime this summer when he is being re-stationed. I'll miss him so much. He is encouraging and playful with me, and no one else could ever be like him, or his family =] He gives me all the physical attention I need each week in a brotherly type of way. Yes I have a crush on him, and I'm pretty sure he knows that, which might partially be why he is a little attached to me as well. He knows I have a little crush and he probably things it's cute.

The third one I'm afraid I'll never get to meet. No matter how mad I can make him sometimes (by accident, I don't mean to upset him), he never threatens to leave me (except once!! grrr) and I fell like I can tell him anything and everything (which is sometimes why I make him mad). He shares this blog with me =]

Final note, it's getting very very dark and cloudy here, the wind is whipping, and the storm is coming. I like it when it rains. My week is turning around finally and the only people that have enough influence over me to make me happy even if its for a little section of time are the people I've mentioned above. I love these guys. And I'm glad to know them. I'm very proud to have them. I don't think I'd be where I am today without them

No comments:

Post a Comment