Monday, April 5, 2010

Exciting Easter!!

I had a fantastic Easter this year. It was very exciting. I got up at 5am to go to church with my friend (a date I guess you could say) at 8am. After we went to a park with some art and museums and stuff, which they have a new exhibit with dinosaurs so we went into one museum and took a look around. We got lost on the way to lunch because he couldn't find his way out of a ghetto neighborhood (while driving my car) but eventually got there. We ate, yum, and then went down to a monument by his base (sort of) which is on the beach, well, the cliffs that meet the ocean anyway.

We spent at least 2 hours or more wandering around and taking a ton of pictures on the cliffs, he has a really nice camera. When we got back to my car I had a bunch of texts and voicemails from my mom saying there was a 6.8 earthquake in Mexicali, in Baja California. We could just about literally see Mexico from the cliffs we were on, so we were closer than any of our family, but they felt it all the way up in LA and it was strong. Weird how we didn't feel it.

We drove around a bit, I got carsick a little so we stopped to get me some crackers and to walk around. Then we went to see a movie and he counted I think 5 aftershocks we finally felt from the big earthquake. The aftershocks themselves could be categorized as mini-earthquakes. One rocked the theater good enough for me to grab his arm and cuddle up close to him to feel protected haha. Ended the night with breakfast and a pancake house.

No comments:

Post a Comment